Every year, it seems the holidays sneak up on us—and every year, that brings with it the dreaded last-minute gift panic. Finding a present that hits all the right notes can be surprisingly stressful, even when it comes to people you’ve known for years.
But have no fear! We’ve lined up a list of unique gifts for every “type” on your list. And since we work in real estate, they’re all centered around home life. From the coffee snob to the sports enthusiast, these presents are the perfect way to bring beauty, function, or a touch of whimsy to your loved one’s home this holiday season.
For Those Who Are Always in the Kitchen
We all know someone whose kitchen is their happy place—but once all the basics are covered, it can be hard to find the perfect present. These gifts will be a treat for the chef, baker, or food lover on your list, no matter how well equipped they are.
- The Coffee Snob - Glass Pour-Over Coffeemaker - $46. Have a java lover on your list who just can’t get their brew right at home? This high-end pour-over system makes a smooth brew that can even be refrigerated and reheated so your recipient can enjoy a perfect cup at any time.
- The Foodie - Shiitake Mushroom Log Kit - $30. Help your favorite gourmand create restaurant-quality meals with this kit that allows them to grow delicious mushrooms right in their cupboard. All they’ll need to do is soak the wood and put it in a cool place, then wait a few weeks, and voila—mushrooms! Best of all, they can keep growing mushrooms on the same log for years.
- The Baker-Vintage Etched Cake Stand - $60. If you’re lucky enough to have a fabulous home baker on your list, give a gift that reflects the joy their treats bring to others. This lovely glass cake stand is the platform that a beautifully decorated dessert deserves.
- The Tea Aficionado - Flowering Tea Set - $25. Your favorite tea lover may have tried all of the herbal blends out there, but we bet they haven’t seen tea like this. This set contains two “blossoms” of tea leaves hand-sewn around flowers that bloom when you place them in the included glass teapot and add hot water.
For Those Who Would Rather Be in the Backyard
For many of us, time outdoors is the ultimate source of rejuvenation. The nature-lover on your list is sure to appreciate these presents that help them maximize that joy in their daily lives.
- The Gardener - Striped Garden Tote Bag - $37. Dedicated gardeners all need a great bag to carry their gear. This tote is attractive and sturdy and will help them keep their home’s exterior beautiful and welcoming.
- The Flower Lover - Monthly Flower Subscription - starting at $40/month
- The Environmentalist - Collapsible Metal Straw - $20. Know someone who is trying to bring less plastic into their home? This reusable metal straw means they’ll never have to buy a box of plastic straws again. And since it collapses into a tiny carrying case, they can use it at home or on the go.
- The Outdoor Adventurer - Solar Phone Charger - $29. Have a camper or adventurer on your list? This solar-powered phone charger, which comes with a built-in flashlight and compass, is a must-have. It will also make a great addition to their home emergency kit.
For Those With Their Nose to Grindstone
Like it or not, most of us spend a good chunk of our lives working—whether at a job or on projects and chores around the house. These gifts are designed to make that work a bit easier and more enjoyable.
- The Remote Worker - Home Office Lap Desk - $35. Working at home can be great—in part because you can work from anywhere in the house. The remote worker on your list will appreciate this lap desk with a built-in mouse pad and phone slot, which will allow them to work comfortably from the couch or the bed without overheating their computer.
- The Back-to-The-Office Worker - Bento Lunch Box - $27. If your loved one is heading back to the office, it doesn’t mean they have to give up the healthy habit of a home-cooked meal. Send them to work with this stylish lunch box packed full of nutritious food.
- The Do-It-Yourselfer - 65ft Laser Distance Measure - $50. The handy person on your list can say goodbye to unwieldy tape measures with this nifty device. It’s perfect for DIY projects up to 65 feet.
- The Clean Freak - Portable Sanitizing Travel Wand - $60. In the COVID-19 era, we’ve all become a little germophobic. This UV wand kills viruses and bacteria in seconds without any wiping or washing required. It’s perfect for disinfecting shoes, computer keyboards, and more!
For Those Most Passionate About Their Hobbies
Of course, there’s a lot more to life than work. If you’re gifting a friend or family member who lights up when they talk about their hobbies, we’ve got you covered.
- The Sports Enthusiast - Hockey Stick BBQ Set - $45. Looking for a gift for the sports enthusiast in your life that isn’t another jersey? These BBQ tools made from repurposed hockey sticks are a great pick. Perfect for cooking up food to watch with the game!
- The Bookworm - The Book Lover’s Journal - $13. Know someone who loves to curl up on the couch with a good book? This journal will help the book-lover on your list keep track of what they’ve read, as well as their ever-growing “to-read” list.
- The Runner - Marathon Map Hydration Bottles - $36. Help the runner you love to stay hydrated (and motivated) with a water bottle inscribed with their favorite race route. It’s perfect for runs around the neighborhood or just toting around the house.
- The Tourist - Travel Backpack - $100. Make it easy for the travel lover on your list to bring back souvenirs. This lightweight backpack folds flat so it’s easy to pack but sturdy enough to carry their new treasures all the way home.
For Those Who Put Family First
For many of us, the greatest joy in life comes from our relationship with our family. Help your recipient strengthen and celebrate those all-important connections with these thoughtful gifts.
- The New Parent - 4-in-1 Baby Food Maker - $155. It’s hard to know what to buy for new parents once their registry is cleared out, but if they’re interested in making baby food at home, this tool is a must-have. It makes the process, from steaming to mixing, fast and easy.
- The Genealogy Fan - DNA Kit - $99. Know someone interested in reconnecting with their ancestral home? This DNA kit can help them trace their geographical heritage and uncover their family history.
- The Pet Person - Custom Printed Socks - $25. Is your friend’s pet their favorite family member? These adorable socks are sure to put a smile on their face as they cozy up on the couch with their fur baby. And since you can feature up to four pets on each pair of socks, no one needs to feel left out.
- The Documentarian - Mini Link Printer - $100. We all have that relative who snaps a million photos at every family event. Help them capture each precious moment with this unique gadget that essentially transforms a smartphone into a Polaroid camera. It makes it easy to customize and print out snapshots to display around the house or insert into a scrapbook for posterity.
Ready to Give Yourself the Ultimate Gift?
If you’re looking to give yourself the gift of a new home this holiday season or in the new year we’d love to talk and help you pick out the perfect one. From finding the right neighborhood to identifying the amenities that will make the biggest difference to your quality of life, we’re always eager to help.